Monday, May 4, 2009

response to tiffany's "reading in bed"

this is my response to tiffany's "reading in bed". preface: tiffany and i went to undergrad together, and she was (i suppose still is) a cool girl. but anyhows... here's the link http://accordingtojovan.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/sexy-equals-reading-in-bed
truth be told, i think it’s a bit different for guys on the whole physical front. and that’s not to say for all guys, but let’s make a generalization (not an over-generalization). guys have a certain, shall we say, threshold over which a girl has to be attractive, and depending on how much above that threshold she indicates how satisfied he is with her physically. that being said, looks only last so long. the more time you spend with someone you like, the better that person looks. common knowledge. right? anyhows, it’s always the conversation that gets me personally. it’s soooo hard to find someone who can make good conversation. a good conversationalist is not an urbane entity. the good conversationalist, redundancy to emphasize the point, is rare and invaluable. there are dozens of good looking people all around you (well, depending on where you are). that doesn’t mean that they can talk attractively just because they look that way…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can only hope my conversation skills match my physical attractiveness. Whatever level either might be. But I agree with you. I believe as a whole, girls have a general physical cut-off level as well. I've personally just been forced to admit I can't be satisfied with just the physical. (I tried and it didn't work.) A beautiful genius creative-type would be a dream but I'd happily cuddle up to a cute nerd before a gorgeous airhead.